This project is read-only.

problem creating bank on latest source

Jun 29, 2013 at 8:23 PM
While the latest source creates patches ok, it will not create the bank as it gives an exception. It happens with gmbank.

it looks like its reading the length incorrectly, easily reproduced.
Jul 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Yes I'm aware of the bug, it has to do with the checks I do for the generators when getting the asset names, I believe. I really need to rework the bank format as these kinds of bugs keep popping up whenever I make small changes and its really hard to maintain.

I was thinking about either removing the binary bank format or reworking it so that it follows a common format such as RIFF or XML. My current source has the fix for it, but I am considering waiting until I decide how to deal with the current bank format. I have also started working with soundfonts again so I would like to get basic support for those pretty soon.

Thank you for your interest in the project
Jul 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Id admit, your current bank format is not great. Its better than it was with your xml additions recently though. And while it can be good to work with an existing format, you can't argue with binary's speed over xml.

Id be interested to know what you do to fix this issue though, ive not quite worked out what causes readshort to get it wrong :)

Thanks for continuing the project!
Jul 26, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I decided to go with the riff format. It's a pain to write, but it makes debugging a lot easier.
Also in the new release sfz's are supported directly so you no longer have to convert them first.